Supplementary Training and Enrichment of Personality: Undergraduate Programme (STEP UP).
STEP UP includes:
- English News Telecast
- News Discussion
- Readers club
- To help students to bridge knowledge gap
- To improve their communication & listening skills
- To encourage active involvement in learning
- To update their knowledge in current affairs
- To instil and inculcate values in life
It has been found that students are in need of communication skills; they do not generally watch English news, video clippings in English, documentaries etc. As a result they are not able to understand the mediated content which is very necessary to analyse current affairs.
- A half-an-hour programme everyday at 8.30 a.m. which makes students watch and discuss the English news and engage in book-reviews and cultural activities.
- The Programme was launched on July 02, 2014.
Evidence of Success:
A Quiz based on the news telecast is conducted bi-monthly to test the knowledge and understanding of students.During the academic year 2015-16, 70% of the questions were answered by the students. The outcome indicates that students are able to follow the news videos (compiled with the help of movie- maker) and comprehend the content.