ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
Entrepreneurship Development Cell intends to motivate the students to view entrepreneurship as a desirable career option in the early years after graduation. ED Cell also aims at capacity building and creation of self-employment opportunities for the CTTEans.
To promote entrepreneurial skills among CTTE students and create self-employment opportunities for them.
- To develop personal attributes and skills that form the basis of entrepreneurial mind set and behavior (creativity, risk-taking, self-confidence, team spirit, sense of initiative etc.)
- To promote entrepreneurial skills among CTTE students and create self-employment opportunities for them
- To educate enterprising students on the essentials of starting a business
- To provide an exhaustive resource pool to aid potential student entrepreneurs
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell was started with a grant of Rs. 1,00,000 by the Government of Tamil Nadu. A congenial ecosystem for the evolution of entrepreneurs is established in the campus through the Incubation Centre of the ED Cell. It provides financial assistance, arranges interaction with successful entrepreneurs and creates opportunities for capacity building.
The ED Cell conducts numerous short term certificate courses to enhance the skills of students. Students must complete at least one course before the completion of their UG degree in keeping with the 'Skill India' policy of the Government of India.
Students are encouraged to earn while they learn by engaging themselves in micro ventures and are trained to become job providers in the future. A campus retail store 'Stubazaar' is run by our students. Start up ventures in jute products and bakery products are carried out successfully by these stupreneurs.
The ED Cell also runs an Aavin Parlor as a franchise of Tamil Nadu Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Ltd. to give training to students on how to run a business enterprise.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Program (EAP) conducted by NSIC, KVIC, EDI.
- Certificate courses in Bakery Products making, Fruits and Vegetables processing, imitation jewelleryby KVIC faculty.
- Certificate courses in Embroidery, Fabric Painting, Calligraphy, Terracotta & Permanent Clay jewellery by Fevicryll Industry trained faculty.
- Aavin Parlor run by students in the College campus.
- Motivational Talk by : Mr. Murugavel Janakiraman, CEO., Bharath Matrimony,Mrs. Veena Kumaravel,CEO., Naturals Beauty Salon.
The Highlights of the Year 2016-17:
The practices of our college ED cell was selected as one of the 50 best practices of higher education institutions in Tamil Nadu, out of 152 papers submitted to ICTACT. It was released as a compendium on February 28, 2017 at the 25thedition of ICTACI- Bridge Conference 2017.
The Highlights of the Year 2017-18:
- A two day workshop “Stepping into Business” was conducted on February 14 & 15, 2018 to make the participants understand how business ownership may or may not align with their personal strength and life goals. 60 students benefited from this event.
- This year also saw nearly 33 self-driven students participating in many workshops conducted by other colleges and institutions.
- The campus retail store ”Stu Bazaar” made a profit of Rs.4968
The Highlights of the Year 2018-19:
- During the year 2018 – 19, the ED cell in association with KVIC, counducted a 5 day short term Certificate course in Bakery products making for SHG Women & Women in the neighbourhood.
- 30 Women from the public benefited from this program conducted from Oct 22 to 26, 2018.